Claiming to be St. Louis' oldest authentic Mexican restaurant, Ruiz Mexican offers traditional fare in a family-friendly atmosphere. For starters, there's quesadillas, empanadas, nachos or the taco salad. For an entree, try the steak tampiquen, veggie fajitas, chimichangas, or enchiladas poblanos. The restaurant offers a kids' menu.
You can create your own plate as well, with two or three main items. There's frequent drink specials and guest bartenders.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 10pm; Sun, 11am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp directly in front of entrance.
- Founding Date: 1966
- Products: Mexican Cuisine
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.dineruiz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=art…
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Signature dishes: Chimichangas, burrito melt, enchiladas poblanos, tamales
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Ruez steak burritos
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 35
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual