As the weekend draws near, what is there to do in Florissant or nearby?
We’ve got the perfect solution for you -- lots.We’re running down five places or events happening in Florissant and North County this weekend for you and the family.
- Florissant Civic Center Theater will present the musical, “The Secret Garden,” in its final showings this weekend. The show runs through Aug. 11. Tickets are $18 for adults and $16 for seniors and students.
- St. Louis native Bob Kuban and his band will hit the stage for the Music Under the Stars series Saturday at St. Ferdinand Park. The concert starts at 7 p.m.
- Families can shop and enjoy themselves early Saturday morning at the Ferguson Farmer’s Market. In the special events tent this week, Dave Thies of Thies Farm will be roasting farm fresh vegetables from 9-11 a.m.. Of course, the market will also feature a number of other vendors with fruits, vegetables and food that you can buy. The market is open 8 a.m.-noon at 20 S. New Florissant Road.
- The Young Professionals of Mary Grove will host a Through the Decades Trivia Night Saturday at DeSmet High School. The proceeds will go to benefit Mary Grove Children’s Center, which is based in Florissant. Individual tickets are $25 and a table of eight costs $200. The night will have trivia, raffles and a silent auction. To register for the event, go to the Marygrove Children website.
- As the school year starts up next week, the pool season begins to wind down. This weekend is the last time to enjoy Koch Family Aquatic Park before it shuts down for the year. It will be open through Sunday, 11:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Bangert Pool will remain open until early September but only on weekends.