Monday night, the Florissant City Council approved bills that would help with the year-end financing of a few accounts. There’s a number of other bills that were up for consideration that night, too.
Find out what recently became law below.
- The Council unanimously passed Bill 8867, which approves the Community Development Block Grant for fiscal year 2013. It also allows for the plan’s submission to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The Council accepted and passed Substitute Bill 8869, which allows a $5,000 transfer from employee benefits to building maintenance to help with funding expenses throughout the rest of fiscal 2012.
- Substitute Bill 8870 was accepted and passed. It allows for a $4,000 transfer from employee benefits to uniforms to help with year-end expenses.
- The City Council passed an amendment to the offenses ordinance, which adds a section relating to the theft of cable TV, Internet or telephone services. This makes it illegal in the City of Florissant to steal or help in stealing cable, Internet or telephone services.
- The council passed resolution E960, which supports a grant to build new restrooms at Bangert Park.
- The Council postponed a vote on resolution E961, which would have supported the St. Louis County Library’s Proposition L. Proposition L deals with the library increasing taxes for redevelopment and enhancement of programs.
- The Council unanimously passed Bill 8868, which gives a special use permit to Ballard’s Bar.