As Officer Mike Vernon continues to recuperate, the outpouring for him and his family grows.
Several other fundraisers are planned for Vernon in the next month, including:
- Team 1 Auto Body and Glass will hold a barbecue to benefit the Backstoppers and a special silent auction that will benefit Officer Vernon. It will be held June 20, 11 a.m.-2 p.m at 1400 N. Lindbergh.
- A washers tournament will be held June 23 at 10 a.m. at the . Registration opens at 9 a.m. and the first toss will be at 10 a.m. The cost is $30 per team.
- There will be a police and firefighter golf tournament June 29 at 7:30 a.m. at the . A portion of the green fees and all donations will go to Officer Vernon, according to the press release.
- Ultimate Defense Firing Range in St. Peters is currently accepting donations for Officer Vernon, but will have a barbecue and fundraiser June 30, 11 .m. – 5 p.m. in St. Peters.
- will host a benefit golf tounament at the Golf Club of Florissant on July 23. Registration starts at 11 a.m.
Many fundraisers have already been held for the officer, and spokesman Andy Haarman said that many other calls have been yielded for many more.
Officer Andy Haarman said Monday that Officer Vernon is still undergoing extensive physical therapy and remains humble by the support of the community.
Suspect Brian Cannon has been arrested and is being held on $500,000 cash-only bond.
If you would like to help Officer Vernon and his family, donations can be sent to:
Florissant Police Officers Welfare Association
in care of Officer Mike Vernon
1700 N. Highway 67
Florissant, MO 63033