Love is in the air in Florissant this week as local couples prepare to celebrate their love on Feb. 14.
Still working on your Valentine’s Day plans? Florissant Patch has you covered with these local Valentine’s Day specials and events.
Valentine’s Day Eats & Treats
Looking for the perfect place to take your special guy or girl for a Valentine’s Day lunch or dinner? These Florissant restaurants offer V-day specials to help you celebrate your love in style.
- : If you’re looking for a special place to have lunch on V-day, check out Helfer’s Deli Café, which offers a variety of tasty selections for a reasonable price. For more information and to check out the menu, visit Helfer’s website.
- : Hendel’s will offer a five-course Valentine’s Day dinner on Feb. 13 and 14. Reservations are accepted, so get yours in early. For more information and to check out the menu, visit Hendel’s Market Café’s website.
- : The Halls Ferry Inn Jazz Café is offering a Valentine’s Day dinner special, including appetizer, selection of entrée and a Valentine’s Day dessert. Call 314-972-8410 for reservations, or visit the Halls Ferry Inn Jazz Café’s website for more information.
Valentine’s Day Flowers
Surprise your love this year with a little something special from one of these Florissant businesses.
- : Flowers by Olga has a variety of Valentine’s Day bouquets and arrangements available, starting at $19.99 and going up to $209.99. Order your favorite by calling 314-830-3970 or online at Flowers by Olga’s website.
- : Dierbergs has a full-service flower shop, and this year, it’s featuring a number of beautiful arrangements. For early lovebirds: If you have your flowers delivered in the three days before Valentine’s Day, you’ll get $5 off any of the store’s three best-selling flower arrangements. For more information and to place your order, visit Dierbergs Florists’ website.
- : Dooley’s has Valentine’s Day roses by the dozen, starting at $50 and going up to $85, depending on the arrangement you choose. For more information and to place your order, visit Dooley’s website.
- : Flowerama has several Valentine’s Day arrangements available for delivery, starting at $29.99. To order, call 314-837-3250, or visit the Flowerama website for more information.
Local Valentine’s Day Delicacies
Valentine’s Day, for many, means sweet treats. You’ll find something for everyone in local shops. Here are a few of our favorites.
- : As you might have guessed by the name, Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Company is all about…well, chocolate. This year’s Valentine’s Day Collection features several delicious options, including a signature heartshaped box, decorated cookies and presents and more. For more information, visit the company’s website.
- : If you’re looking for a healthier option that’s equally indulgent, check out Edible Arrangements’ Valentine’s Day fare. With beautiful gifts and bouquets created out of fruit, some of it dipped in chocolate or white chocolate, you’re sure to find something to impress the health-conscious lover in your life. Prices start at $35. To check out the selection and place your order, visit Edible Arrangements’ website.
- : Helfer’s has several love-filled options for Valentine’s Day. If you order in advance, you can get delicacies such as chocolate dipped strawberries for $17.69 a pound, or a number of other Valentine’s Day confections, including cupcakes, cookies, stollens, cakes and cheesecakes. For more information, visit Helfer’s website.
Bring Out the Bling
You can’t go wrong with diamonds—or just about any other kind of fine jewelry, really. If you’ve got a few bucks to spend on your sweetie this year, check out one of these Florissant jewelry stores to find that perfect sparkly gift.
- : Don Henefer is offering $25 off any jewelry purchase of $100 or more for Valentine’s Day. The offer is limited to one per person, and it does include sale items. For more information, visit the Don Henefer Jewelers website.
- : If you’re looking for a custom piece for your lover, JC’s Jewelry & Repair might be just what you need. In addition to a generous selection of fine jewelry, the JC’s jewelers are willing to make custom pieces to order. For more information, visit JC’s website.
- : Owned by designer Juan Santana, this shop and studio offers another local option for custom jewelry pieces. Santana has a unique philosophy—there are no set prices for the custom work. You can barter your way to a price that works for you, according to the company’s website.
For the Family
- If you’re looking for a way to help the kids celebrate Valentine’s Day, join the at the for a cookie-decorating party on Saturday, Feb. 11 from 1 to 3 p.m. Participants will also be treated to a movie, popcorn and juice. For more information, visit the Florissant Church of Christ’s website.
- is holding its annual “Valentino’s Restaurant” dinner on Saturday, Feb. 11 at 5 p.m. in the fellowship hall. All ages are welcome. Dinner will include appetizers, salad, pasta and more. Guests will be treated to surprises and entertainment. For more information or to make your reservations, call the church at 314-837-6767.