With school getting back in session and cooler temperatures starting to enter the picture a bit more and more, it’s clear that the summer season has begun to fade.
Before it goes away completely, though, we’re giving you a rundown of places where you should visit before you put away sandals and strap on the boots.
- Before the slide cools off from summer, make sure you and the kids take a final spin around a Florissant playground before the summer ends. St. Ferdinand, Dunegant and Koch have playgrounds, but for a full list of playgrounds check out Florissant Parks and Recreation.
- During the summer time, Fritz’s Frozen Custard is open late until 11 p.m. daily, but it closes early with the change of the season. Make sure you enjoy a late-night treat at Fritz’s before it closes earlier in the fall.
- Tennis courts are open and plentiful around town, and cooler weather doesn’t make for the easiest or fun experience. Make sure you hit the court at Tower Court or Koch or Dunegant before cold temperatures or even snow hit the ground.
- Enjoying a nice meal with the night air will become a thing of the past soon enough. So make sure you enjoy the outdoor atmosphere of places such as Deleo’s, St. Louis Bread Company or de.Lish before it’s too cool.
- In the same vein of eating, picnics will also be a thing of summer memories momentarily. So check out a pavilion for a family gathering such as Sunset Park or check out a nice picnic table at Bangert Park. For a list of all parks with picnic tables and pavilions or to reserve a pavilion, check out the Parks and Recreation Department.