Passed or Tabled: Florissant City Council Approves a Number of New Laws
Found out what passed and what didn't during Monday night's meeting.
While the Florissant City Council approved the pet cemetery’s expansion, a number of other bills were approved and one was tabled.
Here’s a rundown of what was recently passed Monday:
- Substitute Bill 8840 was approved with a unanimous vote by councilors. The bill appropriates more than $480,000 from park improvement to the capital additions budget for repairing parking lots and driveways of parks.
- The council approved to table Bill 8841 after Mayor Tom Schneider announced that the police department, who requested an appropriation for telephone expenses, no longer needed it.
- The council passed Bill 8843, which permits for the Dairy Queen on Howdershell Road to have exterior renovations done.
- The council passed Bill 8845, which amends the city code to add regulations for parks.
- The council unanimously approved Bill 8846, which amends the general fund budget for $68,200 from forfeiture accounts and to help in the purchase of police management and cad system software for the police department.