This weekend, parents and shoppers will take advantage of the sales tax holiday weekend happening across the state of Missouri.
The holiday runs Aug. 3-5, and the cities of Florissant and Hazelwood have opted in for the holiday.
Here’s a breakdown of what you should know for this weekend:
What You’ll Save
When you shop during the sales tax holiday, you can save more than you might expect.
Consumers will get a break on the state sales tax of 4.225 percents as well as the local sales tax and the county sales tax.
What You’ll Get
Whether you need to buy school supplies or not, the tax-free weekend can mean big discounts on certain items—and there are several that will be exempt from state and local sales taxes that weekend, including the following:
- Clothing (any article having a taxable value of $100 or less)
- School supplies (not to exceed $50 per purchase)
- Personal computers (not to exceed $3,500)
- Computer software (taxable value of $350 or less)
- Computer peripheral devices (not to exceed $3,500)
Where You Can Get It
Obviously, shoppers can hop over to the town next door and enjoy shopping at the St. Louis Mills, but Florissant offers a number of shops that will be in on deals this weekend, such as: