Holiday Gift Guide for Style
We track down the must-have clothing, shoes and accessories for everyone on your Christmas list.
Buying other people clothes can be difficult, but various stores in Florissant have wardrobe staples and unique items that are sure to please even the pickiest person on your gift list. If you're in the holiday shopping crunch, check out these local deals to mark some things off of your list.
1. Every woman loves a good pair of jeans; they're good for dressing down and dressing up. Avenue sells a variety of styles that are currently on sale for $24.90.
2. Sweaters are always good holiday gifts as they're designed to keep your loved ones warm. Macy's at Jamestown Mall has men's Oscar de la Renta sweaters discounted to $14.99. (They were originally $60.)
3. Every Christmas, parents love finding the cutest dress for their younger daughters. The JCPenney Outlet in Jamestown Mall has a large selection of adorable dresses for little girls for $12.99.
4. Everyone knows that boys don't always appreciate getting clothing for Christmas, but if you get them something with one of their favorite characters on it, you might get a smile on Christmas morning. Kmart has a variety of character clothing sets (including Elmo and Spider-Man) for boys for $14.99, and they are currently 40 percent off.
5. Boots not only keep your feet warm, but they are now coming in various colors and styles that make them must-haves for the fashionistas in your life. Shoe Stop has a large quantity of boots in stock, including a short pair of suede, cowboy-style Soda brand boots that come in four different colors - pink, grey, navy and black - for $59.99 a pair. The store is also currently having a 50 percent off sale.
6. A lot of men take pleasure in having the best-looking tennis shoes or sneakers around the area. Finish Line at Jamestown Mall has different styles of Air Jordans for $139.99 to $159.99.
7. If you get the little girl in your life one of those adorable dresses, you'll need the perfect shoes to complete the outfit. Payless Shoe Source has girls' ballet flats for $9.99 to $16.99.
8. Several stores offer clothing sets designed to be ready to give as gifts. Target has several women's pajama sets, priced from $15 to $24.99.
9. For women's accessories, large, structured purses seem to be the current trend. Andrea's Boutique sells a variety of them, ranging in price from $25 to $49.50.
10. When it comes to fine jewelry, many women appreciate intricate pieces from the people they love. Don Henefer Jewelers is currently selling "key to my heart" diamond necklaces for $300 to $500 that are perfect romantic gifts for your female significant others.
Keep an eye out for the next part of our gift guide, which will feature electronics and toys ideas.