Since 45 percent of Americans admit to making New Year’s resolutions, it’s not hard to believe that losing weight is the number one New Year’s resolution made by Americans. And staying fit and healthy is number five, according to Statistic Brain.com.
That means that you (or someone you know) has probably made one or more of those resolutions once, and if you’re like many, the fitness part of that equation can be even harder to swallow than the diet part.
The truth is that a lot of workouts just aren’t that much fun. But there’s good news for open-minded exercisers looking for something a little more exciting: there’s a new alternative in town, and it just opened.
New Florissant Business: The K.I.S.S. Fitness Café & Spa
K.I.S.S. stands for “Keep It Sexy Sistas,” according to the company’s website, and Smith said she was inspired by her mother’s battle with obesity. In addition to starting her own workout program when she was just 15, Smith said that after seeing her mother lose her life due to weight-related health issues, she vowed to make a difference in the lives of others who struggle with obesity.
“Our approach to fitness is we make fitness fun,” says the company motto. “Lose the Excuses and Lose the Weight. If you are alive you can get stronger, healthier and sexier.”
The K.I.S.S. Fitness Café & Spa is unique in several ways.
- Sexy Workouts—You know all those stripper workouts you’ve been dying to try? They’re all here—and some you probably haven’t heard of yet. Here’s the schedule.
- Internet Café Smoothie Bar—Featuring real fruit-blend smoothies, signature shakes and custom add-ins with protein, fiber and more, the café smoothie bar also offers free Wi-Fi and a gift shop.
- Sauna—Infrared saunas, good for natural healing and prevention, according to the K.I.S.S. website.
- Spa—K.I.S.S. offers affordable massage packages.
- Private Training—Personal trainers offer one-on-one personal training and even private pole dance instruction.
Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
While the studio opened on Jan. 2, the K.I.S.S. Fitness Café & Spa was joined by the Greater North County Chamber on Monday for a special ribbon cutting ceremony on its new location at 2318 N. Lindbergh in Florissant.
Chamber president Carolyn Marty and City of Florissant Mayor Tom Schneider presented owner Kem Smith her chamber membership plaque.
Have you been to K.I.S.S. yet? What did you think? Will you go now? Share your thoughts in the comments section, below!