Four Things to Help Get Ready for Back to School in Florissant
With less than a month until many schools reopen their doors, we're helping you get your kids ready for the classroom.
Although July just hit the midway point, many parents, and even kids, have started to think about heading back to the classroom next month.
We’re helping you with the jumpstart by listing some need-to-know information before the first day of school arrives.
- Districts and school across Florissant have varied first days. Here’s a short list of schools in the area and when they get started.
- Just as important as starting the first day of school, registration and enrollment are underway are about to start. Here are some of the enrollment/registration dates:
- Hazelwood School District has ongoing enrollment currently, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Ferguson-Florissant School District has different registration dates for each school, such as McCluer North on July 24, 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m., 4-7 p.m. and July 25, 9 a.m.-noon, 4-7 p.m. and McCluer High School, July 30, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m.
- Trinity Catholic High School will host a new student orientation, Aug. 20, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The Hazelwood School District will host its Back to School celebration at the St. Louis Mills Mall, Aug. 4, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- If you’re ready to get some school supplies, uniforms and clothes or just getting a great deal, the state’s tax-free weekend takes place, Aug.3-5. There are several communities, such as Ferguson, that will not be taking part in this year’s weekend. Florissant and Hazelwood will both be participating.