As the St. Louis Cardinals head into its bid for an 11th World Series title, the home team fever has spread to Florissant area schools.
Here’s how students, teachers and staff are celebrating the Redbirds’ trip to the World Series:
- Keeven Elementary, Lusher Elementary, Hazelwood North Middle School students have the option to wear St. Louis Cardinals’ T-shirts, jerseys or a red top with their uniform bottoms on Wednesday.
- The Parent-Teacher Student Association at Hazelwood Northwest Middle School will be selling 2012 Cardinal calendars as a part of a fundraiser on Wednesday.
- Brown Elementary will have school spirit day Wednesday, and teachers and students will be able to cheer on the home team.
- McCurdy Elementary School will be seeing red on Wednesday when students, teachers and staff wear their Cardinals gear as well as have red carpet assemblies for grade levels throughout the day that will recognize students behavior and academic achievements.
- Holman Elementary School students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District will allow students to wear Cardinals gear as well as caps on Thursday. Normally, the district prohibits students from wearing baseball caps in classrooms.