Florissant City Council Bills: What Passed, Failed or Got Postponed
We're letting you know about this week's bills, ordinances from the city council.
The Florissant City Council passed a number of bills Monday night, but they also postponed some, too.
Several have already been showcased on our site, including:
- Bills 8829 and 8830, which both dealt with residential rental properties of the city;
- Bill 8836, which pertains to a $100,000 allocation to the Florissant Police Department for overtime;
- Bills 8837, 8838, 8839 all related to the public works department and the purchase of iPads for the department as well as the possibility of adding more workers.
Here’s a rundown of what else was approved and what’s waiting in the wings for future meetings:
- The council postponed bills 8831 and 8832, which relate to animals and fowls in the City of Florissant, so that they could be further discussed in the council’s work session. It was postponed to the Aug. 13 meeting.
- The council approved substitute bill 8834, which is now ordinance 7891, allowing for the purchase of the green rollers for the Florissant golf course.
- The council postponed bill 8840, which would allocate funds for the repair of parking lots and driveways in the city’s parks.
- The council also postponed bill 8841, which would allocate funds for the telephone expenses of the police department.