February Fun for Florissant Families
As the shortest month of the year winds down, here are some ideas for quality time activities.
This week's Grab & Go Kids Planner features free and low-cost events both indoors and outdoors.
- Where/When: St.Louis County Public Library, Jamestown Branch, Friday, 10 - 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Get the weekend off to an early and fun start. Kids must find Mother Goose among the stacks at the library. Rhyming included! Recommended for kids ages two to six.
- Pricing: Free. Register online or by phone at 314-994-3300.
- Where/When: Take a tour of Old Town Florissant on Saturday or Sunday.
- Why Go: The Green Line Tour begins at Tower Court Park and ends at the Spanish Land Grant Park. Along the way, you and your family can view homes, businesses and churches on the National Register of Historical Places.
- Pricing: Free. Just print your map and itinerary and get started.
- Where/When: Missouri Botanical Garden, Ridgway Visitor Center. Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Feast your eyes on beautiful and delectable cakes and cookies, all under one roof!
- Pricing: Free to members. For residents of St. Louis City and St. Louis County, there's a $4. For non-residents, $8.
- Where/When: Barnes & Noble, The Shoppes at Cross Keys. Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Storytime for children, plus treats and activities. And, take-home surprises.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Maryland Heights Centre, Sunday, Noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: You and your family can span the globe, just a few minutes from home. Explore the world through food, art, music and dance.
- Pricing: Admission and entertainment are free. Food available for purchase.
Look for our the Florissant Patch Get Out Planner on Thursday! It's designed to help grownups plan weekend fun.