As the City of Florissant prepares to head into the fall season, the city has a request for its citizens – to nominate their favorite veteran.
Florissant is looking for its 2012 Florissant Veteran of the Year, and deadlines for the application are due Aug. 31.
In order to nominate the veteran, they must:
- Have an honorable discharge
- Meet the definition of “veteran,” which was established by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Have continued service to the veteran community
- Be a current resident of Florissant or have been a Florissant resident this year
- Be verified by the selection committee
Nomination forms are available at Florissant City Hall, James J. Eagan and John F. Kennedy community centers and local veteran organizations. Completed forms can be submitted to City Hall or the Florissant Police Department.